Here is a checklist that will help you win the warm up against your opponent
- Start in tight to the body. Tennis players usually start out a match with poor footwork and timing. A good into the body serve can really help set up some easy put away opportunities.
- Try and get an early lead. The first two points of each serve game are the most important, so start the game with strong determination and focus.
- Play point by point tennis. The more you can focus on each point as it's own match you will play at a high level.
- Mix up the serve if you get the lead to look for return strengths and weaknesses
- Newk's favorite play on a big point was into the body.